A Fault Diagnostic Approach for the OSGi-Based Cloud Platform
OSGi-based cloud platform has the advantages of dynamic update, real-time monitoring. It brings convenience to cloud service. But the research of OSGi-based cloud platform doesn’t get the attention it deserves now and the service diagnosis and fault recovery for the OSGi-based Cloud Platform haven’t been researched systematically, especially in the resource conflicts among services, fault diagnosis and handling. These issues generally require users’ interaction, increase the users’ learning curve, which may turn out to be a waste of time. This paper divides those faults on the OSGi-based cloud platform into several models, and presents an approach to resolve them. Our method can detect service conflicts, handle exceptions, and diagnose service errors. And this method is proved by our experiment that can diagnose faults, repair faults, and send notifications to users, even at running time.
KeywordsOSGi Cloud platform Diagnostic Fault
This work was supported by the grants of the National Science & Technology Pillar Program (No. 2015BAF04B02), and supported by the grants of the Major Projects in Shandong Province (No. 2015ZDXX0101G07).
- 1.Kim, D., Lee, C., Helal, S.: Enabling elastic services for OSGi-based cloud platforms. In: 7th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks, pp. 407–409 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Jia, Z., Xing, X.: Log-based service diagnosis method in cloud. In: International Conference on Mechatronics and Control, pp. 1299–1303 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, Y., Zheng, Z., Lyu, M.R.: BFTCloud: a byzantine fault tolerance framework for voluntary-resource cloud computing. In: 2011 IEEE 4th International Conference on Cloud Computing, pp. 444–451 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Kopp, O., Leymann, F., Wutke, D.: Fault handling in the web service stack. In: 8th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, pp. 303–317 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Ardissono, L., Console, L., Goy, A., et al.: Enhancing web services with diagnostic capabilities. In: 3rd European Conference on Web Services, pp. 182–191 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Dai, Y., Yang, L., Zhang, B., et al.: Exception diagnosis for composite service based on error propagation degree. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, pp. 160–167 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Hang, C., Can, C.: Research and application of distributed OSGi for cloud computing. In: 2010 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Software Engineering. IEEE Wuhan Section (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.OSGi Alliance, RFP 133 - Cloud Computing Technical Report. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.370.9597&rep=rep1&type=pdf