Open Inclusive Fashion: New Insights for a Co-design Platform
This paper intends to propose a platform dedicated to a community for inclusive fashion. This platform can innovate in the awareness creation process by involving a wide range of stakeholders through a novel combination of visually-centered networking/collaboration together with a powerful recommendation system based on data analytics. This solution can potentially impact positively the well-being of more than 50 million of motor/physical disabled citizens as consumers of fashion products. This can be achieved by bringing together three different networks: (i) fashion consumers, emphasizing consumers with disabilities; (ii) companies from fashion/garment/footwear industry; (iii) social and research organizations supporting disabled people. This will allow to create individual and collective awareness about sustainability at the social level demanding the engagement of groups of citizens and industries in sharing information and knowledge and developing ideas and solutions for people with disabilities facing problems related to fashion, garment and footwear products and services.
KeywordsDesign for inclusion Open inclusive fashion Collaborative awareness Co-design platform
This work is financed by the ERDF—European Regional Development Fund through the Operational Programme for Competitiveness and Internationalisation—COMPETE 2020 Programme within the projects «POCI-01-0145-FEDER-006961» and «POCI-01-0145-FEDER-007136», and by National Funds through the FCT—Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology) as part of the projects «UID/EEA/50014/2013» and «UID/CTM/000264», and Ph.D. Studentship «SFRH/BD/110131/2015».
- 1.European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights.: People with disabilities. http://fra.europa.eu/en/theme/people-disabilities
- 2.European Disability Forum.: A disability definition. http://www.edf-feph.org/Page_Generale.asp?DocID=30471
- 3.European Commission.: EU launches disability strategy 2010–2020. http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=89&langId=en&newsId=933&furtherNews=yes
- 4.Arniani, M., Badii, A., De Liddo, A., Georgi, S., Passani, A., Piccolo, L.S.G., Teli, M.: Collective awareness platform for sustainability and social innovation: an introduction (2014). http://www.caps2020.eu/library
- 6.Schau, H.J., Muniz Jr., A.M.: Brand communities and personal identities: negotiations in cyberspace. Adv. Consum. Res. 29, 344–349 (2002)Google Scholar