An Approach to Improve Accuracy of Photo–to–Sketch Matching
The problem of automatically matching sketches to facial photos is discussed. The idea presented is based on generating a population of sketches which imitates sketches generated from verbal descriptions provided by a virtual group of witnesses in forensic practice. Structures of benchmark photo–sketch databases are presented that are intended to model and implement a face photo retrieval by a given sketch. A new component of these databases is a population of sketches that represents each separate class of original photos. In this case, the original sketch is transformed into such population and then within this population we find a sketch that is similar to the given sketch. We demonstrate results of experiments based on proposed methods for photo to sketch matching on CUFS and CUFSF databases.
KeywordsFacial photo Sketch Photo–to–sketch matching
This work was partially financially supported by the Government of the Russian Federation, Grant 074-U01.
- 2.Hu, H., Klare, B., Bonnen, K., Jain, A.K.: Matching composite sketches to face photos: a component-based approach. IEEE Trans. Info Forens. Secur. 8(3), 191–204 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Klum, S., Klare, B., Han, H., Jain, A.K.: Sketch based face recognition: forensic vs. composite sketches. In: Proceedings of ICB, pp. 1–8 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Kukharev, G., Buda, K., Shchegoleva, N.: Sketch generation from photo to create test databases. Przeglad Elektrotechniczny (Electrical Review) 9(2), 97–100 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Bobulski, J., Kubanek, M.: Person identification system using sketch of the suspect. OPT APPL 4(42), 865–873 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Hitrov, M.V.: Methods of Facial Image Processing, Recognition in Biometrics, 388 p. SPb, Politechnika (2013). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Z., Bovik, A.C., Sheikh, H.R., Simoncelli, E.P.: Image quality assessment: From error measurement to structural similarity. IEEE T. Image Process 13(1), 1–14 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.CUHK Face Sketch Database (CUFS). http://mmlab.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/archive/facesketch.html
- 11.CUHK Face Sketch FERET Database. http://mmlab.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/cufsf
- 12.Zhang, Y., Ellyson, S., Zone, A., Gangam, P., Sullins, J., McCullough, C., Canavan, S., Yin, L.: Recognizing face sketches by a large number of human subjects: a perception-based study for facial distinctiveness. In: Proceedings of the FG 2011, Santa Barbara, California, March 21–25, pp. 707–712 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Phillips, P.J., Moon, H., Rizvi, S.A., Rauss, P.J.: The FERET evaluation. In: Wechsler, H., Phillips, P.J., Bruce, V., Soulie, F.F., Huang, T.S. (eds.) Face Recognition: From Theory to Applications. Springer, Berlin (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Peng, C., Gao, X., Wang, N., Li, J. Graphical Representation for Heterogeneous Face Recognition, arXiv preprint arXiv:1503.00488 (2015)