A Simple Viewer and Editor of Sound-Embedded PDF for Elementary School Students with Print Disabilities
This paper introduce is a simple viewer and editor of sound-embedded PDF that is suitable for elementary school students with print disabilities. These days, a lot of teaching materials are created in PDF. For student with print disabilities, the use of sound-embedded PDF was proposed. However, the production of documents in sound-embedded PDF was difficult for most teachers and students because complex tasks with expensive application software were necessary. Therefore, a simple viewer and editor of sound-embedded PDF was developed.
KeywordsPDF Accessibility Teaching materials Sound-embedded PDF Print disabilities
This work was partially supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 26282044.
- 1.PDF Association. http://www.pdfa.org/
- 2.Tani, Y., Takaira, T., Fujiyoshi, A.: Trial production of sound-embedded accessible PDF. In: The Proceedings of DEIMS 2016 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO 19005-3:2012. http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=57229
- 5.ISO 14289-1:2012. http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=54564
- 6.Adobe Illustrator CC. http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator.html
- 7.Adobe Acrobat DC. https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat.html
- 9.Fujiyoshi, A., Fujiyoshi, M., Ohsawa, A., Ota, Y.: Development of multimodal textbooks with invisible 2-dimensional codes for students with print disabilities. In: Miesenberger, K., Fels, D., Archambault, D., Peňáz, P., Zagler, W. (eds.) ICCHP 2014, Part II. LNCS, vol. 8548, pp. 331–337. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Fujiyoshi, A., Ohsawa, A., Takaira, T., Tani, Y., Fujiyoshi, M., Ota, Y.: Paper-based textbooks with audio support for print-disabled students. In: The Proceedings of AAATE, pp. 11–18 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Apache PDFBox. https://pdfbox.apache.org/
- 12.onpariPDF. http://apricot.cis.ibaraki.ac.jp/onpariPDF