Community-Based Link Prediction in Social Networks
Link prediction has attracted wide attention in the related fields of social networks which has been widely used in many domains, such as, identifying spurious interactions, extracting missing information, evaluating evolving mechanism of complex networks. But all of the previous works do not considering the influence of the neighbors and just applying in small networks. In this paper, a new similarity algorithm is proposed, which is motivated by the herd phenomenon taking place on network. Moreover, it is found that many links are assigned low scores while it has a longer path. Therefore, if such links the longer path has not been taken into account, which can improve the efficiency of time further, especially in large-scale networks. Extensive experiments were conducted on five real-world social networks, compared with the representative node similarity-based methods, our proposed model can provide more accurate predictions.
KeywordsLink prediction Community structure Common neighbor Herd phenomenon
This work is partly funded by the National Nature Science Foundation of China (61075019) and the Natural Science Foundation of Chongqing (CSTC2014jcyjA40047) and the Municipal Education Commission research project of Chongqing (KJ1400403).
- 4.Han, X., Wang, L.Y., Chen C., Farahbakhsh, R.: Link prediction for new users in social networks. In: ICC, pp. 1250–1255 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, W.Y., Wu, B.: Accurate and fast link prediction in complex networks. In: Natural Computation (ICNC), pp. 653–657 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Yin, G., Yin W.S., Dong, Y.X.: A new link prediction algorithm: node link strength algorithm. In: SCAC, pp. 5–9 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Abir, D., Nilloy, G., Soumen, C.: Discriminative link prediction using local links, node features and community structure. In: Data Mining (ICDM), pp. 1009–1018 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Scellato, S., Noulas, A., Mascolo, C.: Exploiting place features in link prediction on location-based social networks. In: Proceedings of the 17th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, San Diego, pp. 1046–1054 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Chen, Z., Zhang, W.: A marginalized denoising method for link prediction in relational data. In: Proceedings of the 2014 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Philadelphia, pp. 298–306 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Menon, K., Elkan, C.: Link prediction via matrix factorization. In: Proceedings of the 2011 European Conference on Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Athens, pp. 437–452 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Ozcan, A., Sule, O.G.: Multivariate temporal link prediction in evolving social networks. In: 2015 IEEE/ACIS 14th International Conference on Computer and Information Science (ICIS), pp. 185–190 (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhu, M., Zhou, Y.: Density-based link clustering algorithm for overlapping community detection. J. Comput. Res. Dev. 2520–2530 (2013)Google Scholar
- 20.Zhu, M., Meng, F.R., Zhou, Y.: Density-based link clustering algorithm for overlapping community detection. 2520–2530 (2013)Google Scholar
- 22.McAuley, J., Leskovec, J.: Learning to discover social circles in ego networks. Adv. Neural Inf. Process. Syst. 25, 548–556 (2012)Google Scholar