Efficient Multidimensional Pattern Recognition in Kernel Tensor Subspaces
In this paper we discuss algorithmically efficient methods of multidimensional patter recognition in kernel tensor subspaces. The kernel principal component analysis, which originally operates only on vector data, is joined with the tensor chordal kernel which opens a way of direct usage of the multidimensional signals, such as color video streams, seismic signals or hyperspectral images. We address the problem of efficient implementation of the eigendecomposition problem which is a core algorithm for both methods. For this the fixed point algorithm is employed. We show usefulness of this approach on the problem of visual pattern recognition and show speed-up ratio when using the proposed implementation.
KeywordsKernel PCA Chordal kernel Tensor Subspace classification
This work was supported by the Polish National Science Center under the grant No. NCN DEC-2014/15/B/ST6/00609.
This work was also supported by EC under FP7, Coordination and Support Action, Grant Agreement Number 316097, ENGINE – European Research Centre of Network Intelligence for Innovation Enhancement (http://engine.pwr.wroc.pl/). All computer experiments were carried out using computer equipment sponsored by ENGINE project.
- 5.Georgia Tech Face Database (2013). http://www.anefian.com/research/face_reco.htm
- 7.Hamm, J., Lee, D.: Grassmann discriminant analysis: a unifying view on subspace-based learning. In: Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 376–383. ACMGoogle Scholar
- 12.De Lathauwer, L.: Signal processing based on multilinear algebra. Ph.D. dissertation, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Meyer, C.D.: Matrix Analysis and Applied Linear Algebra Book and Solutions Manual. SIAM, Philadelphia (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Schölkopf, B., Smola, A., Müller, K.-R.: Nonlinear component analysis as a kernel eigenvalue problem. Technical report No. 44, Max-Planck-Institut, pp. 1–18 (1996)Google Scholar
- 18.Turk, M.A., Pentland, A.P.: Face recognition using eigenfaces. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–590 (1991)Google Scholar