A Characterization of the Performance of Ordering Methods in TTRP with Fuzzy Coefficients in the Capacity Constraints
Recently, the Truck and Trailer Routing Problem (TTRP) has been tackled with uncertainty in the coefficients of constrains. In order to solve this problem it is necessary to use methods for comparison fuzzy numbers. The problem of ordering fuzzy quantities has been addressed by many authors and there are many indices to perform this task. However, it is impossible to give a final answer to the question on what ranking method is the best in this problem. In this paper we focus our attention on a model to characterize TTRP instances. We use a data mining algorithm to derive a decision tree that determined the best method for comparison based on the characteristics of the TTRP problem to be solved.
KeywordsFuzzy optimization Truck and Trailer Routing Problem (TTRP) Fuzzy coefficients Fuzzy constraints Ranking function Decision tree
This work was supported by the projects TIN2014-55024-P from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, and P11-TIC-8001 from the Andalusian Government (including FEDER funds).
- 4.Wang, X., Kerre, E.: Fuzzy Logic Foundations and Industrial Applications. Part I, Springer, US, International Series in Intelligent Technologies, cap. On the Classification and the Dependencies of the Ordering Methods Advances in Intelligent Systems Research, vol. 8, pp. 73–90 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Yager, R.R.: Ranking fuzzy subsets over the unit interval. In: Proceeding 1978 CDC, pp. 1435–1437. IEEE Conference, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- 9.Chang, W.: Ranking of fuzzy utilities with triangular membership functions. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Policy Analysis and Systems, pp. 263–272 (1981)Google Scholar
- 18.Drexl, M.: A Branch-and-price algorithm for the truck-and-trailer routing problem. Technical report, Deutsche Post Endowed Chair of Optimization of Distribution Networks (2006)Google Scholar
- 23.Mirmohammadsadeghi, S., Ahmed, S., Nadirah, E.: Application of memetic algorithm to solve truck and trailer routing problems. In: Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Bali, pp. 747–755 (2014)Google Scholar
- 25.Torres, I., Rosete, A., Cruz, C., Verdegay, J.: Fuzzy constraints in the truck and trailer routing problem. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Knowledge Discovery, Management and Decision Support (EUREKA-2013), Mazatln, pp. 71–78 (2013)Google Scholar
- 27.Torres, I., Rosete, A., Cruz, C., Verdegay, J.: Truck and Trailer Routing Problem under fuzzy environment. In: Proceedings of the 16th World Congress of the International Fuzzy Systems Association (IFSA) and 9th Conference of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (EUSFLAT), Gijón, pp. 1189–1194 (2015)Google Scholar