TOA Based Localization Under NLOS in Cognitive Radio Network
In this paper, we consider cooperative localization of primary users (PU) in a cognitive radio network (CRN) using time-of-arrival (TOA). A two-step none-line-of-sight (NLOS) identification algorithm is proposed for the situation where both NLOS error distribution and channel model are not available. In the first step the TOA measurements are clustered into groups. The groups with a dispersion higher than a predefined threshold are identified as NLOS and discarded. In order to make the threshold more reasonable, Ostu’s method, a threshold selection method for image processing is utilized. The second step is introduced to correct the error of possible surviving NLOS. To increase the accuracy of estimated position when line-of-sight (LOS) paths are limited, we proposed a result reconstruction method. Simulation results show that our algorithm can effectively identify NLOS paths and improve positioning accuracy compared to existing works.
KeywordsCognitive radio network LOS identify Time of arrival Location estimation Least square method
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61227801), the National Key Technology R&D Program of China (2014ZX03001027-003).
- 4.Wylie, M.P., Holtzman, J.: The non-line of sight problem in mobile location estimation. In: IEEE International Conference Universal Personal Communications, pp. 827–831, September 1996Google Scholar
- 5.Guvenc, I., Chong, C.-C., Watanabe, F.: NLOS identification and mitigation for UWB localization systems. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 1571–1576, March 2007Google Scholar
- 7.İsmail, G., et al.: NLOS identification and weighted least-squares localization for UWB systems using multipath channel statistics. EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process. 2008(1), 1–14 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Mucchi, L., Marcocci, P.: A new UWB indoor channel identification method. In: International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications, pp. 58–62, August 2007Google Scholar
- 10.Cong, L., Zhuang, W.: Non-line-of-sight error mitigation in TDOA mobile location. In: Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 680–684, November 2001Google Scholar
- 11.Ostu, N.: A threshold selection method from gray-scale histogram. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. SMC 8, 62–66 (1979)Google Scholar