Visualization of Brand Images Extracted from Home-Interior Commercial Websites Using Color Features
Websites of home-interior brands display many photographs of products that include walls, floors, and furniture. Such photographs, known as image photographs, contain a lot of information about the brand image because the colors of walls, floors, and furniture in a photograph influence the brand image. This paper proposes a method of extracting representative colors of interior photographs by using a hierarchical clustering algorithm and analyzes the characteristics and differences of interior brands with color features. Our proposed method can be used to describe the common characteristics of interior image photographs and differences between eight interior brands (Ralph Lauren Home, Herman Miller, arflex, Cassina, Carl Hansen and Son, IKEA, Karimoku and Nitori). We measure the similarity or difference between brand images by constructing a brand image space with clusters of representative colors and obtain the relationship between six brand images.
KeywordsColor-analysis Interior-brand Visualization
This work was partially supported by JSPS KAKENHI grants (No. 25240043), and TISE Research Grant of Chuo University. We would like to thank Hideo Kikuchi from amana Inc. for advice about image photographs and brand images.
- 2.Jagan, S., Rajagopalan, S.P.: A survey on web personalization of web usage mining. Int. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 2(1), 6–12 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Sermanet, P., Eigen, D., Zhang, X., Mathieu, M., Fergus, R., LeCun, Y.: OverFeat: integrated recognition, localization and detection using convolutional networks. In: International Conference on Learning Representations (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Ni, B., Song, Z., Yan, S.: Web image mining towards universal age estimator. In: MM 2009, Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 85–94 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Ginsca, A.L., Popescu, A., Le Borgne, H., Ballas, N., Vo, P., Kanellos, I.: Large-scale image mining with Flickr groups. In: He, X., Luo, S., Tao, D., Xu, C., Yang, J., Hasan, M.A. (eds.) MMM 2015, Part I. LNCS, vol. 8935, pp. 318–334. Springer, Heidelberg (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, P., Zhang, D., Zeng, G., Wang, J.: Contextual dominant color name extraction for web image search. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (IC-MEW), pp. 319–324 (2012)Google Scholar