Large-Scale Transcriptomic Approaches for Characterization of Post-Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression
- 708 Downloads
MicroRNAs are critical regulators of gene expression programs. It has been demonstrated that during the maturation of miRNAs some changes can happen leading to the production of isoforms called isomiRs. During our study, a PERL pipeline was developed to find all the miRs (miRNAs) and isomiRs in two sets of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) of small RNA libraries derived from naïve and activated CD4+ T cells. Then, a differential expression analysis was performed using Bioconductor package DESeq. Our pipeline allowed us to find all the different types of isomiRs in both of conditions. Also, we found that the isoforms coming from changes on 3’ are more frequent that in 5’ ends. Tailing isoforms are described as the less frequent isomiRs. The use of DESeq on the read count dataset of these miRs and isomiRs identified a total of 5 miRs and 22 isomiRs which were differentially expressed. So, in addition to creating a new tool for isomiR analysis, we have been able to obtain evidence that upon activation miRs and isomiRs in T-cells are differentially expressed.
Keywordsisomirs Differentially expressed NGS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Berezikov, E., Robine, N., Samsonova, A., Westholm, J.O., Naqvi, A., Hung, J.H., Okamura, K., Dai, Q., Bortolamiol-Becet, D., Martin, R., Zhao, Y.: Deep annotation of Drosophila melanogaster microRNAs yields insights into their processing, modification, and emergence. Genome Research 21(2), 203–215 (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Dudoit, S., Gentleman, R.C., Quackenbush, J.: Open source software for the analysis of microarray data. Biotechniques 34(13), S45–S51 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Eipper-Mains, J.E., Eipper, B.A., Mains, R.E.: Global approaches to the role of miRNAs in drug-induced changes in gene expression. non-coding RNA and Addiction 33 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Kozomara, A., Griffiths-Jones, S.: miRBase: integrating microRNA annotation and deep-sequencing data. Nucleic Acids Research, gkq1027 (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.Llorens, F., Hummel, M., Pantano, L., Pastor, X., Vivancos, A., Castillo, E., Mattlin, H., Ferrer, A., Ingham, M., Noguera, M., Kofler, R.: Microarray and deep sequencing cross-platform analysis of the mirRNome and isomiR variation in response to epidermal growth factor. BMC Genomics 14(1), 1 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar