Providing Wellness Services Using Real Time Analytics
Data has increased in a large scale in various fields leading to the coin of the term Big Data. Big data is mainly used to describe enormous datasets that typically includes masses of unstructured data that may need real-time analysis. As human behaviour and personality can be captured through human-computer interaction a massive opportunity opens for providing wellness services. Through the use of interaction data, behavioral biometrics can be obtained. The usage of biometrics has increased due to several factors such as the rise of power and availability of computational power. One of the challenges in this kind of approaches has to do with handling the acquired data. The growing volumes, variety and velocity brings challenges in the tasks of pre-processing, storage and providing analytics. In this sense, the problem can be framed as a Big Data problem. In this work it is intended to provide an architecture that accommodates the data pipeline of data generated by human-computer interaction, providing real time data analytics on behavioral biometrics.
KeywordsReal-time analytics Big data NoSQL databases Behavioral biometrics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bertino, E., Bernstein, P., Agrawal, D., Davidson, S., Dayal, U., Franklin, M., Gehrke, J., Haas, L., Halevy, A., Han, J., et al.: Challenges and opportunities with big data (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Gartner: What is big data? http://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/big-data (accessed: 2015-12-20)
- 3.Mayer-Schönberger, V., Cukier, K.: Big Data: A Revolution that will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Gantz, J., Reinsel, D.: Extracting value from chaos. IDC iview 1142, 9–10 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Pimenta, A., Carneiro, D., Novais, P., Neves, J.: Monitoring mental fatigue through the analysis of keyboard and mouse interaction patterns. In: Hybrid Artificial Intelligent Systems, pp. 222–231. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Khazaei, H., Fokaefs, M., Zareian, S., Beigi-Mohammadi, N., Ramprasad, B., Shtern, M., Gaikwad, P., Litoiu, M.: How do i choose the right nosql solution? a comprehensive theoretical and experimental survey. Submitted to Journal of Big Data and Information Analytics (BDIA) (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Chang, F., Dean, J., Ghemawat, S., Hsieh, W.C., Wallach, D.A., Burrows, M., Chandra, T., Fikes, A., Gruber, R.E.: Bigtable: A distributed storage system for structured data. ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS) 26(2) (2008)Google Scholar