Pilot Situational Awareness Modeling for Cockpit Interface Evaluation
As the highly development of complexity and automation level of human-machine system in airplane cockpit, flight information shown in display and control system became diversified and complicated, which meant tremendous information was required to be simultaneously processed for pilot’s sake. Therefore, great information would provide with more comprehensive data support while raise higher requirement of interface design of cockpit display. This paper concentrated on pilot situational awareness (SA) modeling based on human-machine interaction in cockpit system and developed theoretical application research in three connected parts: SA modeling based on attention resource allocation, SA modeling based on cognitive process analysis and SA modeling based on interface evaluation.
KeywordsSituational awareness Attention allocation Cognitive process analysis Interface design
This study was financially supported by Foundation of Key Laboratory of Science and Technology for National Defense (Program Grant No. 9140C770102140C77313).
- 2.Endsley, M.R.: Situation awareness in aviation systems. Handbook of Aviation Human Factors, pp. 257–276 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Endsley, M.R., Garland, D.J.: Situation Awareness Analysis and Measurement. Erlbaum, Mahwah (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Wickens, C.D., Jason, M.C., Thomas, L.: Attention–Situation Awareness (A-SA) Model. In: NASA Aviation Safety Program Conference on Human Performance Modeling of Approach and Landing with Augmented Displays, pp. 189–205. NASA (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Hooey, B.L., Gore, B.F., Wickens, C.D.: Modeling pilot situation awareness. In: Cacciabue, P.C., Hjälmdahl, M., Luedtke, A., Riccioli, C. (eds.) Human Modeling in Assisted Transportation, pp. 207–213. Springer, Milan (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, S., Wanyan, X.R., Zhuang, D.M.: A quantitative situational awareness model of pilot. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium of Human Factors and Ergonomics in Healthcare, pp. 117–122 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, S., Wanyan, X.R., Zhuang, D.M.: Modeling the situation awareness by the analysis of cognitive process. J. Bio-Med. Mater. Eng. 24, 2311–2318 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Wu, X., Wanyan, X., Zhuang, D.: Pilot attention allocation modeling under multiple factors condition. In: Harris, D. (ed.) EPCE 2013, Part II. LNCS, vol. 8020, pp. 212–221. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar