How to Support the Design of User-Oriented Product-Related Services
A Product-Service System (PSS) is an innovation strategy, shifting the business focus from designing physical products only, to designing a system that combines tangible products, intangible services, supporting network and infrastructure, which are jointly capable of fulfilling specific customer needs. Due to the widespread of this paradigm, the present research provides a methodological framework and related tools to support the design of PSSs. The aim is to propose a user-centered approach to involve end-users during the different stages of PSS development.
KeywordsProduct-Service System User-Centered Design Hardware-in-the-Loop Virtual reality
- 4.Luiten, H., Knot, M., van der Horst, T.: Sustainable product service-systems: the Kathalys method. In: Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing, pp. 190–197 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Morelli, N.: Developing new PSS: methodologies and operational tools. In: Proceedings of the SusProNet Conference on Product Service Systems: Practical Value, Brussels, Belgium, pp. 44–47 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Peruzzini, M., Marilungo, E., Germani, M.: An integrated method to support PSS design within the virtual enterprise. Procedia CIRP 3, 54–59 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Thoben, K.D., Jagdev, H., Eschenbaecher, J.: Extended products: evolving traditional product concepts. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising, Bremen (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Tomiyama, T., Medland, A.J., Vergeest, J.S.M.: Knowledge intensive engineering towards sustainable products with high knowledge and service contents. In: Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Tools and Methods of Competitive Engineering, April 18–20, pp. 55–67. Delft University Press, Delft, The Netherlands (2000)Google Scholar