Embedded Dynamic Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for Controller in Industrial Mixer
This paper presents the application of certain intelligent techniques to control an industrial mixer. Control design is based on Hebbian modification of Fuzzy Cognitive Maps learning. This research study develops a Dynamic Fuzzy Cognitive Map (DFCM) based on Hebbian Learning algorithms. It was used Fuzzy Classic Controller to help validate simulation results of an industrial mixer of DFCM. Experimental analysis of simulations in this control problem was conducted. Additionally, the results were embedded using efficient algorithms into the Arduino platform in order to acknowledge the performance of the codes reported in this paper.
KeywordsFuzzy Cognitive Maps Hebbian Learning Arduino microcontroller Process control Fuzzy logic
- 7.Papageorgiou, E., Stylios, C., Groumpos, P.: Novel for supporting medical decision making of different data types based on Fuzzy Cognitive Map Framework. In: Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE embs cité internationale, Lyon, France, August, pp. 23–26 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Papageorgiou, E., Stylios, C., Groumpos, P.A.: Combined fuzzy cognitive map and decision trees model for medical decision making. In: Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, vol. 1, pp. 6117–6120 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Papageorgiou, E.I.: Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for Applied Sciences and Engineering from Fundamentals to Extensions and Learning Algorithms. Springer (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Papageorgiou, E.: Learning algorithms for fuzzy cognitive maps. IEEE Trans. Syst. Cybern. Part C: Appl. Rev. 42, 150–163 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Mendonça, M., Arruda, L.V.R.: A Contribution to the Intelligent Systems Development Using DCN. OmniScriptum GmbH & Co, KG (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Axelrod, R.: Structure of Decision: The Cognitive Maps of Political Elites. Princenton University Press, New Jersey (1976)Google Scholar
- 17.Stylios, C.D., Groumpos, P.P., Georgopoulos, V.C.: An fuzzy cognitive maps approach to process control systems. J. Adv. Comput. Intell. 5, 1–9 (1999)Google Scholar
- 20.Matsumoto, D.E., Mendonça, M., Arruda, L.V.R., Papageorgiou, E.: Embedded Dynamic fuzzy cognitive maps applied to the control of industrial mixer. In: Simpósio Brasileiro de Automação Inteligente – XI SBAI (2013)Google Scholar
- 21.Tutorial Matlab-Arduino. http://epapageorgiou.com/index.php/fcm-research-group
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.