SVM Based Predictive Model for SGA Detection
The medical diagnosis process can be interpreted as a decision making process, which doctors determine whether a person is suffering from a disease based on the medical examination. This process can also be computerized in order to present medical diagnostic procedures in an accurate, objective, rational, and fast way. This paper presents a detection model for small for gestational age (SGA) based on support vector machine (SVM). For this purpose, a dataset was adopted from pregnancy eugenic investigation to train the classification model. Then empirical experiments were conducted for SGA detection. The results indicate that support vector machine is considerably effective to detect SGA to help doctors make the final diagnosis.
KeywordsSmall for gestational age Support vector machine Classification Healthcare
This work is supported by Beijing Natural Science Foundation (4152007), China National Key Technology Research and Development Program project with no. 2013BAH19F01 and Guangdong Key Laboratory of Popular High Performance Computers, Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Service Computing and Applications.
- 7.Li, J., Liu, C., Liu, B., Mao, R., Wang, Y., Chen, S., Pan, H., Wang, Q.: Diversity-aware retrieval of medical records. Comput. Ind. 69(1), 30–39 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Hastie, S.J., Danskin, F., Neilson, J.P., Whittle, M.J.: Prediction of the small for gestational age twin fetus by doppler umbilical artery waveform analysis. Obstet. Gynecol. 5, 730–733 (1989)Google Scholar
- 13.Boser, B.E., Guyon, I.M., Vapnik, V.N.: A training algorithm for optimal margin classifiers. In: Proceedings of Fifth Annual Workshop Computing Learning Theory, pp. 144–152 (1995)Google Scholar
- 15.Jianguo, X.: A Study on Application of Support Vector Machine in GPC with Real Test Analysis [D]. Master’s degree thesis, Zhejiang University (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Karatsiolis, S., Schizas, C.N.: Region based support vector machine algorithm for medical diagnosis on Pima Indian Diabetes dataset. In: Proceedings of the BIBE, Larnaca, Cyprus, 11–13 November 2012 (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.Elshazly, H.I., Elkorany, A.M., Hassanien, A.E.: Lymph diseases diagnosis approach based on support vector machines with different kernel functions. In: 2014 9th International Computer Engineering & Systems (ICCES), 22–23 December 2014, pp. 198–203 (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Bentley, P.M., McDonnell, J.T.E.: Wavelet transforms: an introduction. IEEE J. Electron. Commun. Eng. 40, 175–185 (1992)Google Scholar
- 20.Liu, M., Wang, Q., et al.: Status assessment of preconception health risk exposure in Chinese reproductive women during 2010-2012. Natl. Med. J. China 95(3), 172–175 (2015)Google Scholar