A Prospective Cloud-Connected Vehicle Information System for C-ITS Application Services in Connected Vehicle Environment
In the era of the Internet of Things (IoT), various applications providing people with utilities are rapidly emerging by the needs for people. Recently, combining cloud computing, IoT technologies, and vehicular applications promotes Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). In other words, this is for safety of vehicles and drivers as well as convenience of the drivers. Vehicular Ad-hoc Network (VANET) is an application of Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET), which is a networking technology including vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) using wireless communications. In real life, vehicles and infrastructures which have a lot of sensors generate various data for Cooperative-Intelligent Transportation System (C-ITS) application services according to each sensor type. Therefore, collecting, processing, and storing a number of data generated from various sensors built in vehicles and infrastructures require a great computing capacity and storage resources. In this paper, we propose an architecture of prospective cloud-connected vehicle information system for C-ITS application services in connected vehicle environment and describe the procedure of our local and global vehicle information system concerned with case scenario.
KeywordsIoT ITS C-ITS Vehicular network VANET V2V V2I Cloud computing Connected car LDM
This work was supported by ‘Electrically phase-controlled beamforming lighting device based on 2D nano-photonic phased array for lidar’ grant from Civil Military Technology Cooperation, Korea.
- 2.Yu, X., Zhao, H., Zhao, L., Wu, S., Krishnamachari, B., Li, V.O.K.: Cooperative sensing and compression in vehicular sensor networks for urban monitoring. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Ericsson: http://www.ericsson.com/
- 6.T-System: http://www.t-systems.com/
- 7.Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications: Readiness of V2V Technology for Application, NHTSA (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology: http://www.its.dot.gov/
- 9.ETSI TR 102 863 (v.1.1.1): Intelligent Transport System (ITS); Vehicular Communications; Basic Set of Applications; Local Dynamic Map (LDM); Rationale for and guidance on standardization (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Kumar, S., Gollakota, S., Katabi, D.: A cloud-assisted design for autonomous driving. In: MCC 2012 (2012)Google Scholar