A Quality Model for Linked Data Exploration
Linked (Open) Data (LD) offer the great opportunity to interconnect and share large amounts of data on a global scale, creating added value compared to data published via pure HTML. However, this enormous potential is not completely accessible. In fact, LD datasets are often affected by errors, inconsistencies, missing values and other quality issues that may lower their usage. Users are often not aware of the quality and characteristics of the LD datasets that they use for various and diverse tasks; thus they are not conscious of the effects that poor quality datasets may have on the results of their analyses. In this paper we present our initial results aimed to unleash LD usefulness, by providing a set of quality dimensions able to drive the selection and evaluation of LD sources. As a proof of concepts, we applied our model for assessing the quality of two LD datasets.
KeywordsLinked Data (LD) Data quality Quality models for LD
- 1.Barbagallo, D., Cappiello, C., Francalanci, C., Matera, M.: Reputation-based selection of information sources. In: Proceedings of ICEIS 2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Desolda, G.: Enhancing workspace composition by exploiting linked open data as a polymorphic data source. In: Damiani, E., Howlett, R.J., Jain, L.C., Gallo, L., De Pietro, G. (eds.) Intelligent Interactive Multimedia Systems and Services. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol. 40, pp. 97–108. Springer, Heidelberg (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Juran, J.M.: The Quality Control Handbook. McGraw-Hill, New York (1974)Google Scholar
- 11.Mendes, P.N., Mühleisen, H., Bizer, C.: Sieve: linked data quality assessment and fusion. In: Srivastava, D., Ari, I. (eds.) Proceedings of the Joint EDBT/ICDT Workshops, Berlin, Germany, 30 March 2012, pp. 116–123. ACM (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Rula, A., Zaveri, A.: Methodology for assessment of linked data quality. In: Knuth, M., Kontokostas, D., Sack, H. (eds.) Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Linked Data Quality Co-located with 10th International Conference on Semantic Systems, LDQ@SEMANTiCS. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 1215, Leipzig, Germany, 2 September 2014. CEUR-WS.org (2014)Google Scholar