Comparison of Dynamic Properties of Two KUKA Lightweight Robots
This paper concerns the comparison of dynamic properties of two LWR 4+ robots. As a preparation to the identification task, a series of joint torque measurements is performed to determine the variability of the dynamic parameters. The torque measurements from two robots are compared with each other and a simplified multibody model. The results are discussed.
KeywordsRobot modeling Multibody dynamics Identification
This research was supported by the National Science Centre (Poland) grant no. DEC-2012/07/B/ST8/03993.
- Biagiotti, L., & Melchiorri, C. (2008). Trajectory Planning for Automatic Machines and Robots. Berlin Heiderberg: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Bischoff, R., Kurth, J., Schreiber, G., Koeppe, R., Albu-Schäffer, A., Beyer, A., et al. (1987). The KUKA-DLR Lightweight Robot arm—a new reference platform for robotics research and manufacturing. In Robotics (ISR), 2010 41st International Symposium on and 2010 6th German Conference on Robotics (ROBOTIK) (pp. 741–748), June 2010.Google Scholar
- Gaz, C., Flacco, F. & De Luca, A. (2014). Identifying the dynamic model used by the KUKA LWR: A reverse engineering approach. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2014 (pp 1386–1392), Hong Kong, China, 31 May–7 June 2014.Google Scholar
- Jiang, Z.-H., Ishida, T. & Sunawada, M. (2006). Neural network aided dynamic parameter identification of robot manipulators. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics 2006 (pp. 3298–3303), Taipei, Taiwan, 8–11 October 2006.Google Scholar
- Jubien, A., Gautier, M. & Janot, A. (2014). Dynamic identification of the Kuka LightWeight Robot: comparison between actual and confidential Kuka’s parameters. In Proceedings of the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics 2014 (pp. 483–488), Besancon, France, 8–11 July 2014.Google Scholar
- Schreiber, G., Stemmer, A., & Bischof, R. (2010). The Fast research interface for the KUKA lightweight robot. In IEEE ICRA 2010 Workshop on Innovative Robot Control Architectures (pp. 15–21), May 2010.Google Scholar
- Woliński, Ł., & Malczyk, P. (2015). Dynamic modeling and analysis of a lightweight robotic manipulator in joint space. Archive of Mechanical Engineering, 62, 279–302.Google Scholar