Properties of the Dahl Model Applied to Modelling of Static Friction in Closed-Loop Kinematic Chains
High parametric sensitivity of the Dahl model is observed when rigid body approach is used to analyse the static friction in close-loop mechanisms. The origins of sensitivity problems are investigated. The possibility of diminishing sensitivity problems by taking flexibility into account is discussed.
KeywordsStatic friction Dahl model Redundant constraints Solution uniqueness
This research was supported by the National Science Centre (Poland) grant no. DEC-2012/07/B/ST8/03993.
- Canudas de Wit, C., Olsson, H., Astrom, K. J., & Lischinsky, P. (1995). A new model for control of systems with friction. IEEE Transactions on Automation and Control, 40(3), 419–425.Google Scholar
- Dahl, P. R. (1976). Solid friction damping in mechanical vibrations. AIAA Journal, 14(12), 1675–1682.Google Scholar
- Do, N. B., Ferri, A. A., & Bauchau, O. A. (2007). Efficient simulation of a dynamic system with LuGre friction. Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, 2(4), 281–289.Google Scholar
- Hadji, A., & Mureithi, N. (2014). Nonlinear normal modes and the Dahl friction model parameter identification. In ASME 2014 Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference Volume 4: Fluid-Structure Interaction, V004T04A064 (pp. 1–10).Google Scholar
- Haug, E. J., Wu, S. C., & Yang, S. M. (1986). Dynamics of mechanical systems with Coulomb friction, stiction, impact, and constraints addition-deletion. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 21(5), 401–425.Google Scholar
- Pennestrì, E., Valentini, P P., & Vita, L. (2007). Multibody dynamics simulation of planar linkages with Dahl friction. Multibody System Dynamics, 17(4), 321–347.Google Scholar
- Swevers, J., Al-Bender, F., Ganesman, C. G., & Prajogo, T. (2000). An integrated friction model structure with improved presliding behavior for accurate friction compensation. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 45(4), 675–686.Google Scholar
- Wojtyra, M., & Frączek, J. (2013). Comparison of selected methods of handling redundant constraints in multibody systems simulations. Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, 8(2), 021007 (1–9).Google Scholar