Education efforts, both at Chalmers and elsewhere, could be developed to better suit the needs of competences that would help with solving the societal challenges of coming and current generations. The educational framework Dare2Build aims to be a part of this development by immersing its students in cross-disciplinary teams, working with co-creational methods, to solve practice-based tasks. The proximity to the explorative research environment surrounding a living lab, and the prototyping infrastructure in particular, the HSB Living Lab, is expected to incorporate innovation and entrepreneurship into the participants’ learning experiences and thereby promote utilization of activities of the university sphere.
KeywordsEducation Practice-based learning Cross-disciplinary Co-creation
- CDIO Initiative—Collaborating Institutions [Internet]. (2015, July 27). Retrieved from http://www.cdio.org/
- Femenías, P., & Hagbert, P. (2013). The habitation lab. using a design approach to foster innovation for sustainable living. Technology Innovation Management Review (November), 15–21.Google Scholar
- Oppenheimer Dean, A., & Hursley, T. (1998). Proceed and be bold: Rural Studios after Samuel Mockbee.Google Scholar
- SusLabNWE [Internet]. (2015, November 15). Retrieved from http://suslab.eu/about/suslab-mission/
- Thomsen, J., & Tjora, A. (2006). Changeable space as temporary home: A qualitative exploration of life in an experimental student house. Nordic Journal of Architectural Research, 19(3), 13–22.Google Scholar