A Cross-Layer Routing Metric for Multihop Wireless Networks
Multihop wireless networks are the promising direction of communication networks. The paper presents an attempt of different authors past experience generalization of routing metrics development. These mertrics based on multihop wireless networks data transmission features. In particular, characteristics of wireless transmission that are recommended to be considered during the design of routing metrics are reviewed. The cross-layer routing metric for multihop wireless networks is proposed. In addition, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the well-known routing metrics created for multihop wireless networks.
KeywordsMultihop wireless networks Routing metric Load balancing Interference
- 3.Draves, R., Padhye, J., Zill, B.: Routing in multi radio, multi hop wireless mesh networks. In: Proceedings of ACM MOBICOM, pp. 114–128 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.de Couto, D.S.J.: High-throughput routing for multi-hop wireless networks. Ph.D. dissertation. MIT (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, Y., Wang, J., Kravets, R.: Designing routing metrics for mesh networks. In: Proceedings of the WiMesh (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Yang, Y., Wang, J., Kravets, R.: Interference-aware loop-free routing for mesh networks (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Aiache, H., Conan, V., Lebrun, L., Rousseau, S.: A load dependent metric for balancing internet traffic in wireless mesh networks. In: Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems, pp. 629–634 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, J., Blake, C., Couto, D.S.J., Lee, H.I., Morris, R.: Capacity of ad hoc wireless networks. In: Proceedings of 7th ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Venkat Mohan, S. Dr., Kasiviswanath, N.: ETX based routing metrics. (IJCSIT) Int. J. Comput. Sci. Inf. Technol. 2(4), 1537–1548 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Subramanian, A.P., Buddhikot, M.M., Miller, S.: Interference aware routing in multi-radio wireless mesh networks. Technical Report, Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Javaid, N., Bibi, A., Djouani, K.: Interference and bandwidth adjusted ETX for wireless multi-hop networks (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Siraj, Mohammad: A survey on routing algorithms and routing metrics for wireless mesh networks. World Appl. Sci. J. 30(7), 870–886 (2014)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.