The Method of Lossless 3D Point Cloud Compression Based on Space Filling Curve Implementation
This paper proposes a method of reordering point cloud into a bit stream which has ordered structure, and features the ability to save local space features, which allows to use the methods of run-length encoding to reduce the bit volume of the scanned 3D data. The proposed method can be implemented in software designed to work with 3D scanned data, raw 3D data transmission for further post-processing of complex spatial forms.
Keywords3D-modeling 3D scanning Point cloud 3D model 3D compression Space-filling curve
This work is supported by state research № 0073-2014-0005.
- 1.Alexandrov, V.V., Sarychev, V.A.: Digital programming technologies. J. Inf.-Meas. Control Syst. 11(8), 3–9 (2010) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Alexandrova, V.V., Zaytseva, A.A.: 3D technology and cognitive programming. J. Inf.-Meas. Control Syst. 5(10), 61–64 (2012) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Alexandrova, V.V., Zaytseva, A.A., Tyzhnenko, D.A.: The scanning and editing of the 3D object for rapid prototyping. J. Inf.-Meas. Control Syst. 9(11), 53–57 (2013) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Kuleshov, S.V.: The real 3D scene representation format for three dimensional television (True3D Vision). J. Inf.-Meas. Control Syst. 7(4), 49–52 (2009) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.3D scanning, http://reprap.org/wiki/3D_scanning
- 6.3D scanning in the Interests of 3D modelling, http://www.comprice.ru/articles/detail.php?ID=40134 (in Russian)
- 7.Kuleshov, S.V.: Criterion for evaluating the energy efficiency of video data compression process. J. Inf.-Meas. Control Syst. 8(11), 16–18 (2010) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Schnabel, R., Klein, R.: Octree-based point-cloud compression. In: Proceedings of Symposium on Point-Based Graphics 2006, pp. 111–120 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Merry, B., Marais, P., Gain, J.: Compression of dense and regular point clouds. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Virtual Reality, Computer Graphics, Visualization and Interaction in Africa, pp. 15–20. ACM Press, New York, NY, USA (2006)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.