Significant Simulation Parameters for RESTART/LRE Method in Teletraffic Systems of Network of Queues
The blocking events, overflows and losses in telecommunications, especially in systems with very low probability, are one of the major estimation problems. Speed-up simulation is the most convenient method for estimation of rare events. The speed-up simulation in this investigation is done with one of the splitting methods—RESTART with implementation of LRE. The main purpose of the research is to determine the significant parameters for speed-up simulation of network of queues: tandem and parallel queues.
KeywordsRESTART LRE Rare event Tandem queues Parallel queues
- 2.Görg, C., Schreiber, F.: The RESTART/LRE method for rare event simulation. In: 28th Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 390–397. IEEE Press, Coronado (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Ivanova, E.: Modeling of traffic in broadband convergence networks, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Ruse Press, Ruse (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Mitkov, A.: Theory of Experiments. University of Ruse Press, Ruse (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Radev, D.: Teletraffic Engineering. University of Ruse Press, Ruse (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Ivanova, E., Iliev, T., Mihaylov, Gr., Stoyanov, I., Tsvetanov, F., Otsetova, E., Radev, D.: Computer modeling and simulation of teletraffic models for 5G networks. In: 38th International Convention on Information and Telecommunication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics, pp. 479–482, MIPRO, Opatija, (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Radev, D., Iliev, M., Arabadjieva, I.: RESTART Simulation in ATM networks with tandem queue. In: Proceedings of the International Conference Automatics and Informatics, pp. 37–40, UAI, Sofia (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Boer, P.: Analysis and efficient simulation of queuing models of telecommunication systems. Ph.D. thesis, University of Twente (2000.)Google Scholar
- 11.Cerou, F., Guyader, A.: Adaptive multilevel splitting for rare event analysis. Research Report, RR-5710, INRIA (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Garvels, M., Kroese, D.P.: A comparison of RESTART implementations. In: 30th 1998 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 601–609. IEEE Press, Washington (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Garvels, M.: The splitting method in rare event simulation. Ph.D. thesis, University of Twente (2000)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.