Web Application for Simple System Identification from Experimental Data
This paper presents a project for simple web-based system identification from experimental data. A user can upload input/output data from a process to be identified in three common file formats, the data can be filtered simply using two approaches and a structure of the identified model is user-controlled. The resultant discrete-time ARX model is obtained in a common form together with the possibility to assess quality of identification and to obtain also a continuous-time model. The developed application is built on the interconnection of the latest web technologies with the MATLAB computing system where the obtained results can be easily exported. The paper explains motivation for development of this site and gives also detailed description of the whole process including the Web—MATLAB interconnection. The results are presented using selected screen-shots of the application and discussed further.
KeywordsWeb-application MATLAB System identification
- 1.Attaway, S.: Matlab: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving. Butterworth-Heinemann, Boston (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.MATLAB—The Language of Technical Computing. http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab
- 4.Wolfram Mathematica: Definitive System for Modern Technical Computing. http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica
- 5.MATLAB Online. http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-online
- 6.Wolfram Mathematica Online—Bring Mathematica to Life in the Cloud. http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/online
- 7.Math Apps for Students—Online Calculators and Math Apps for Students. http://www.maplesoft.com/products/mobiusproject/studentapps
- 8.Gazdos, F.: Direct methods of controller design and tuning. The Czech Science Foundation project no. GACR-102/07/P148 (2007–2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Gazdos, F., Rakus, D.: Web-application for direct controller design and tuning from experimental data. In: Technical Computing Prague 2009—17th Annual Conference Proceedings, pp. 1–8. HUMUSOFT, Prague (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Gazdos, F., Facuna, J.: Web Application for LTI Systems Analysis. In Silhavy, R. et al. (eds.) Intelligent Systems in Cybernetics and Automation Theory: Proceedings of the 4th Computer Science On-line Conference 2015 (CSOC2015), vol 2: Intelligent Systems in Cybernetics and Automation Theory, pp. 101–109. Springer, Heidelberg (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Micola, P.: Web-application for System Identification form Experimental Data. Master’s thesis, Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Zlin (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.The MathWorks Inc: Control System Toolbox: User’s Guide. Natick, USA (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.MAT Server—Identification of experimental data, http://matserver.utb.cz/ExpIdent
- 15.Bobal, V., Bohm, J., Fessl, J., Machacek, J.: Digital Self-tuning Controllers: Algorithms, Implementation and Applications. Springer, London (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Ljung, L.: System Identification Toolbox: User’s Guide. The MathWorks Inc, Natick, MA, USA (2015)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.