Predictive-Based Stochastic Modelling of Power Transmission System for Leveraging Fault Tolerance
With the dynamicity in the load requirements of the user, it is essential that power transmission lines should be highly resilient against any possibilities of error or outage. The existing techniques have witnessed some good solutions towards ensuring fault tolerance, but it was never analyzed from the viewpoint of smart grid system using predictive principles. Hence, this paper presents a system that performs stochastic modelling of the distributed power generation system considering dual power states i.e. available and outage. The study also implements a cost effective algorithm for random modelling the distributed generation system of power to reduce the outage probability and increase the capacity probability considering all the possible cases of susceptible errors in transmission lines with islanding mechanism. The study outcome shows superior analysis of load capacity with respect to the existing system.
KeywordsPower transmission system Stochastic modelling Fault tolerance Outage Prediction
- 1.Bush, S.F.: Smart Grid: Communication-Enabled Intelligence for the Electric Power Grid. John Wiley & Sons, Technology & Engineering (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Huang, Q., Jing, S., Yi, J., Zhen, W.: Innovative Testing and Measurement Solutions for Smart Grid. John Wiley & Sons, Technology & Engineering (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Bazrafshan, M., Gatsis, N.: Decentralized stochastic programming for real and reactive power management. In: IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications in Distribution Systems (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Behrens, D., Serafini, M., Arnautov, S.: Scalable error isolation for distributed systems. In: Proceedings of the 12th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Bracale, A., Barros, J., Cacciapuoti, A.S.: Guest editorial introduction to the special issue on advanced signal processing techniques and telecommunications network infrastructures for smart grid analysis, monitoring, and management. Springer—EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process. 48 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Jamil, M., Sharma, S.K., Singh, R.: Fault detection and classification in electrical power transmission system using artificial neural network. SpringerPlus 4(334) (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Maaß, H., Cakmak, H.K., Bach, F.: Data processing of high-rate low-voltage distribution grid recordings for smart grid monitoring and analysis. Springer—EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process. 14 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Babu, P.C., Dash, S.S., Bayindir, R.: A new control strategy with fuzzy logic technique in distribution system for power quality issues. In: IEEE-International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference and Exposition (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Hafez, A.A.: Power generation and distribution system for a more electric aircraft—A review. In: IntechOpen (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Faig, J., Melendez, J., Herraiz, S., Sánchez, J.: Analysis of faults in power distribution systems with distributed generation. In: International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, Q., Zhou, M.: P.R. China, Research on dependable distributed systems for smart grid. J. Softw. 7(6) (2012)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.