Multi-level Adaptations in a CloudWave Infrastructure: A Telco Use Case
CloudWave is a FP7 EU project whose aim is delivering novel technologies and methods for improving both the development of Cloud services and the management of their operation and execution. Such goal is reached by providing mechanisms and policies for coordinating multiple adaptations both at the level of the Cloud infrastructure and at the level of the hosted applications. In this paper, we describe the CloudWave Telco application use case and we provide a proof of concept discussing how the QoS experienced by the application users can be improved thanks to the technologies provided by CloudWave.
The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement Nr. 610802 (CloudWave).
- 1.Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament: Unleashing the Potential of Cloud Computing in Europe (2012). http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/cloudcomputing/docs/com/com_cloud.pdf
- 2.NESSI Cloud White Paper. http://www.nessieurope.com/Files/Private/120718_NESSI_Cloud_WhitePaper_July.pdf
- 4.OpenStack Open Source Cloud Computing Software. www.openstack.org
- 5.CloudWave Project, funded by the European Commission Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2006-2013) under grant agreement n. 610802. http://cloudwave-fp7.eu/
- 6.Longo, F., Bruneo, D., Villari, M., Puliafito, A., Salant, E., Wolfsthal, Y.: From vision cloud to cloudwave: towards the future internet and a new generation of services. In: 2014 International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS), pp. 641–646, September 2014Google Scholar
- 7.Bruneo, D., Fritz, T., Keidar-Barner, S., Leitner, P., Longo, F., Marquezan, C., Metzger, A., Pohl, K., Puliafito, A., Raz, D., Roth, A., Salant, E., Segall, I., Villari, M., Wolfsthal, Y., Woods, C.: CloudWave: where adaptive cloud management meets DevOps. In: 2014 IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communication (ISCC), Workshops, pp. 1–6, June 2014Google Scholar
- 9.Fi-ware: an innovative, open cloud-based infrastructure (2014). http://www.fi-ware.org/
- 10.Optimis - optimized infrastructure service (2014). http://www.optimis-project.eu/
- 11.Debois, P.: Devops: a software revolution in the making? J. Inf. Technol. Manag. 24, 3–39 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.The open source, open standards cloud, innovative, open source cloud computing software for building reliable cloud infrastructure. http://openstack.org/. Accessed Jan 2014