A Web System for Managing and Monitoring Smart Environments
Smart environments have the ability to record information about the behavior of the people by means of their interactions with the objects within an environment. This kind of environments are providing solutions to address some of the problems associated with the growing size and ageing of the population by means of the recognition of activities, monitoring activities of daily living and adapting the environment. In this contribution, a Web system for managing and monitoring smart environments is introduced as an useful tool to activity recognition. The Web system has the advantages to process the information, accessible services and analytic capabilities. Furthermore, a case study monitored by the proposed Web System is illustrated in order to show its performance, usefulness and effectiveness.
KeywordsSmart environments Behavioral detection Monitoring smart environments Managing smart environments Sensor-based activity recognition
This contribution has been supported by research projects: UJA2014/06/14 and CEATIC-2013-001.
- 2.Alzheimer’s society. What is dementia? (2013). http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=106
- 9.Synnott, J., Chen, L., Nugent, C.D., Moore, G.: Flexible and customizable visualization of data generated within intelligent environments. In: 2012 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), pp. 5819–5822, August 2012Google Scholar
- 19.Martin, L.A., Pelaez, V.M., Gonzalez, R., Campos, A., Lobato, V.: Environmental user-preference learning for smart homes: an autonomous approach. J. Ambient. Intell. Smart. Environ. 2(3), 327–342 (2010)Google Scholar
- 22.Shah, M., Big data, the internet of things (2015). arXiv preprint arXiv:1503.07092
- 23.Maryvonne, M., Bédard, Y., Brisebois, A., Pouliot, J., Marchand, P., Brodeur, J.: Modeling multi-dimensional spatio-temporal data warehouses in a context of evolving specifications. Int. Arch. Photogrammetry Remote Sens. Spat. Inf. Sci. 34(4), 142–147 (2002)Google Scholar
- 24.Zaslavsky, A.B., Perera, C., Georgakopoulos, D.: Sensing as a service and big data (2013). CoRR, abs/1301.0159Google Scholar