Attribute-Based Fully Homomorphic Encryption with a Bounded Number of Inputs
The only known way to achieve Attribute-based Fully Homomorphic Encryption (ABFHE) is through indistinguishability obfuscation. The best we can do at the moment without obfuscation is Attribute-Based Leveled FHE which allows circuits of an a priori bounded depth to be evaluated. This has been achieved from the Learning with Errors (LWE) assumption. However we know of no other way without obfuscation of constructing a scheme that can evaluate circuits of unbounded depth. In this paper, we present an ABFHE scheme that can evaluate circuits of unbounded depth but with one limitation: there is a bound N on the number of inputs that can be used in a circuit evaluation. The bound N could be thought of as a bound on the number of independent senders. Our scheme allows N to be exponentially large so we can set the parameters so that there is no limitation on the number of inputs in practice. Our construction relies on multi-key FHE and leveled ABFHE, both of which have been realized from LWE, and therefore we obtain a concrete scheme that is secure under LWE.
- 5.Gentry, C.: Fully homomorphic encryption using ideal lattices. In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing STOC 2009, pp. 169 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Garg, S., Gentry, C., Halevi, S., Raykova, M., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Candidate indistinguishability obfuscation and functional encryption for all circuits. In: FOCS, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 40–49 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Clear, M., McGoldrick, C.: Bootstrappable identity-based fully homomorphic encryption. In: Gritzalis, D., Kiayias, A., Askoxylakis, I. (eds.) CANS 2014. LNCS, vol. 8813, pp. 1–19. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Clear, M., McGoldrick, C.: Policy-based non-interactive outsourcing of computation using multikey FHE and CP-ABE. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Security and Cryptography, SECRYPT 2013 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.López-Alt, A., Tromer, E., Vaikuntanathan, V.: On-the-fly multiparty computation on the cloud via multikey fully homomorphic encryption. In: Proceedings of the 44th Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC 2012), pp. 1219–1234. ACM, New York (2012)Google Scholar