The LAPPS Interchange Format
We describe and motivate the LAPPS Interchange Format, a JSON-LD format that is used for data transfer between language services in the Language Application Grid. The LAPPS Interchange Format enables syntactic and semantic interoperability of language services by providing a uniform syntax for common linguistic data and by using the Linked Data aspect of JSON-LD to refer to external definitions of linguistic categories. It is tightly integrated with the Web Services Exchange Vocabulary, which specifies a terminology for a core of linguistic objects and features exchanged by services.
KeywordsLanguage services Interoperability Linguistic resources Web services JSON-LD Natural Language Processing
This work was supported by two National Science Foundation grants: NSF-ACI 1147944 and NSF-ACI 1147912.
- 1.Cunningham, H., Maynard, D., Bontcheva, K., Tablan, V.: GATE: a framework and graphical development environment for robust NLP tools and applications. In: Proceedings of the 40th Anniversary Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Ide, N., Pustejovsky, J., Cieri, C., Nyberg, E., Wang, D., Suderman, K., Verhagen, M., Wright, J.: The language application grid. In: The Ninth Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2014), Reykjavik, IcelandGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ide, N., Pustejovsky, J., Suderman, K., Verhagen, M.: The language application grid web service exchange vocabulary. In: Workshop on Open Infrastructures and Analysis Frameworks for HLT (OIAF4HLT), Held in Conjunction with COLING, Dublin, Ireland (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Ishida, T. (ed.): The Language Grid: Service-Oriented Collective Intelligence for Language Resource Interoperability. Springer, Heidelberg (2011). ISBN: 978-3-642-21177-5. Observation of strains. Infect Dis Ther. 3(1), 35–43 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Phillips, A., Davis, M.: Tags for Identifying Languages. IETF Best Current Practice, September 2009. http://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47