Comparison of Synthetic and Pulsed Jets Effect for the Flow Around the Ahmed Body
In this work, the effect of three different active control strategies namely, pulsed blowing, pulsed suction, and synthetic jets, is studied for a square back Ahmed body. Using a LES numerical simulation, the efficiency of the synthetic actuation on the rear pressure distribution is highlighted.
This work was funded by AMIES agency as well as LJK Grenoble in collaboration Plastic Omnium. The authors are grateful to ALTAIR for providing the AcuSolve license. Computation time at PLAFRIM at the Institute of Mathematics of Bordeaux is gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.C. Leclerc, Réduction de la traînée d’un véhicule automobile simplifié à l’aide du contrôle actif par jet synthétique. Ph.D. thesis, Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, Jan 2008Google Scholar
- 2.J. Östh, S. Krajnovic, D. Barros, Active flow control for drag reduction of vehicles using large eddy simulation experimental investigation and reduce order modeling, in Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium On Turbulent and Shear Flow Phenomena (TSFP-8) (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Eulalie, I. Mortazavi, P. Gilotte, Etude aérodynamique et contrôle de la traînée sur un corps de Ahmed culot droit. Ph.D. thesis, University of Bordeaux, Dec 2014Google Scholar
- 4.S. Krajnović, L. Davidson, Large eddy simulation of the flow around simplified car model. SAE Technical Paper (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.S.R. Ahmed, G. Ramm, Some salient features of time-averaged ground vehicle wake. SAE technical paper series 840300 (1984)Google Scholar