Analysis of the Temporal and Structural Features of Threads in a Mailing-List
A link stream is a collection of triplets (t, u, v) indicating that an interaction occurred between u and v at time t. Link streams model many real-world situations like email exchanges between individuals, connections between devices, and others. Much work is currently devoted to the generalization of classical graph and network concepts to link streams. In this paper, we generalize the existing notions of intra-community density and inter-community density. We focus on emails exchanges in the Debian mailing-list and show that threads of emails, like communities in graphs, are dense subsets loosely connected from a link stream perspective.
This work is supported in part by the French Direction Générale de l’Armement (DGA), by the Thales company, by the CODDDE ANR-13-CORD-0017-01 grant from the Agence Nationale de la Recherche, and by grant O18062-44430 of the French program PIA—Usages, services et contenus innovants.
- 1.Dorat, R., Latapy, M., Conein, B., Auray, N.: Multi-level analysis of an interaction network between individuals in a mailing-list. In: Annales des télécommunications, vol. 62, pp. 325–349. Springer (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.SPI. Debian mailing-list archive: https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
- 5.Sun, J., Faloutsos, C., Papadimitriou, S., Yu, P.S.: Graphscope: parameter-free mining of large time-evolving graphs. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, KDD ’07, pp. 687–696, New York, NY, USA. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Viard, J., Latapy, M.: Identifying roles in an ip network with temporal and structural density. In: 2014 IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), pp. 801–806. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, Q.: Link prediction and threads in email networks. In: 2014 International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA), pp. 470–476. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar