Langmuir Solitons in Plasma with Inhomogeneous Electron Temperature and Space Stimulated Scattering on Damping Ion-Sound Waves
Dynamics of Langmuir solitons is considered in the framework of the extended nonlinear Schrödinger equation (NLSE), including a pseudo-stimulated-Raman-scattering (pseudo-SRS) term, caused by stimulated scattering on damping ion-sound waves. Also included are spatially decreasing second-order dispersion (SOD) and increasing self-phase modulation (SPM), caused by spatially decreasing electron temperature of plasma. It is shown that the wavenumber downshift of solitons, caused by the pseudo-SRS, may be compensated by an upshift provided by the decreasing SOD and increasing SPM coefficients. An analytical solution for solitons is obtained in an approximate form. Analytical and numerical results agree well.
KeywordsExtended nonlinear Schrödinger equation Soliton solution Stimulated scattering Damping low-frequency waves Inhomogeneity Second-order dispersion Self-phase modulation analytical solutions Numerical simulation
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research projects No 15-02-01919. The article was prepared within the framework of the Academic Fund Program at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE) in 2015 (grant No 15-09-0240).
- 2.Agrawal, G.P.: Nonlinear Fiber Optic. Academic Press, San Diego (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Kivshar, Y.S., Agraval, G.P.: Optical Solitons: From Fibers to Photonic Crystals. Academic, San Diego (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Dickey, L.A.: Soliton Equation and Hamiltonian Systems. World Scientific, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 20.Gromov, E.M., Talanov, V.I.: J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 83 73–79 (1996)Google Scholar
- 31.Biancalama, F., Skrybin, D.V., Yulin, A.V.: Phys. Rev. E 70, 011615 (2004)Google Scholar
- 39.Zakharov, V.E.: Collapse of Langmuir waves. Sov. Phys. JETP 35, 908–914 (1972)Google Scholar