Detection of Copy-Move Forgery in Images Using Segmentation and SURF
In this era of multimedia and information explosion, due to the cheap availability of software and hardware, everyone can capture, edit, and publish images, without much difficulty. Image editing done with malicious intentions known as image tampering, may affect individuals, society, economy and so on. Copy-move forgery is one of the most common and easiest image tampering method which involves copying a patch of an image and pasting it within the same image. The purpose of this may be to conceal some objects in the image or conceal the artifacts of image editing. In this paper, we propose a new method to detect copy-move tampering in images, without prior image information, using an over complete segmentation and keypoint detection. It is evident from the experimental results obtained by testing it on standard datasets, that the proposed method is tolerant to postprocessing operations like blurring, JPEG compression, noise addition and so on. Also, our method is effective in detecting copy-move forgery where copied portions are subjected to various geometric transformations, like translation, rotation and scaling.
KeywordsCopy-move forgery Image segmentation SURF
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Achanta, R., Shaji, A., Smith, K., Lucchi, A., Fua, P., Süsstrunk, S.: SLIC superpixels. Tech. rep. (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Bay, H., Tuytelaars, T., Van Gool, L.: SURF: speeded up robust features. In: Computer Vision–ECCV 2006, pp. 404–417. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Farid, H.: Detecting digital forgeries using bispectral analysis (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Fridrich, A.J., Soukal, B.D., Lukáš, A.J.: Detection of copy-move forgery in digital images. In: Proceedings of Digital Forensic Research Workshop (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Tralic, D., Zupancic, I., Grgic, S., Grgic, M.: CoMoFoD—new database for copy-move forgery detection. In: 2013 55th International Symposium on ELMAR, pp. 49–54. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Bo, X., Junwen, W., Guangjie, L., Yuewei, D.: Image copy-move forgery detection based on SURF. In: 2010 International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security (MINES), pp. 889–892. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Shivakumar, B., Baboo, L.D.S.S.: Detection of region duplication forgery in digital images using SURF. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues 8(4) (2011)Google Scholar