Using Process Calculi for Plan Verification in Multiagent Planning
Multiagent planning is a coordination technique used for deliberative acting of a team of agents. One of vital planning techniques uses declarative description of agents’ plans based on Finite State Machines and their later coordination by intersection of such machines with successive verification of the resulting joint plans.
In this work, we firstly introduce a method of multiagent planning which makes use of projections of other agent actions in order to iteratively search for a skeleton of a multiagent plan. Secondly, we describe integration of the static analysis provided by process calculi type systems for approximate verification of exchanged local plans. Furthermore, we introduce an alternative method to accomplish the above verification by a classical planner. Finally, we compare our approach with current state-of-the-art planner on an extensive benchmark set.
KeywordsMultiagent planning Action landmarks Plan verification Process calculi Type systems Delete relaxation
- 1.Bhattacharya, S., Kumar, V., Likhachev, M.: Search-based path planning with homotopy class constraints. In: Felner, A., Sturtevant, N.R. (eds.) SOCS. AAAI Press, Menlo Park (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Brafman, R., Domshlak, C.: From one to many: planning for loosely coupled multi-agent systems. In: Proceedings of ICAPS 2008, vol. 8, pp. 28–35 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Fikes, R., Nilsson, N.: STRIPS: a new approach to the application of theorem proving to problem solving. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 608–620 (1971)Google Scholar
- 7.Nissim, R., Brafman, R. I.: Multi-agent A* for parallel and distributed systems. In: Proceedings of AAMAS 2012, Richland, SC, pp. 1265–1266 (2012). http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2343896.2343955
- 8.Štolba, M., Komenda, A.: Relaxation heuristics for multiagent planning. In: Proceedings of ICAPS 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Tožička, J., Jakubův, J., Durkota, K., Komenda, A., Pěchouček, M.: Multiagent planning supported by plan diversity metrics and landmark actions. In: Proceedings ICAART 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Tožička, J., Jakubův, J., Komenda, A.: Generating multi-agent plans by distributed intersection of finite state machines. In: Proceedings ECAI 2014, pp. 1111–1112 (2014)Google Scholar