AgileDBLP: A Search-Based Mobile Application for Structured Digital Libraries
Internet access on mobile devices used to be thought of as a service useful only for people on the move. Some mobile browser users are simply looking for quick access to specific information. They may be checking their online grocery list, looking up for an address, or trying to find the best Italian restaurant within a five minute walk. The abilities of applications on native platforms stayed rather consistent for over 10 years, but in the past several years we have seen the web platform increase its ability to handle web applications, with almost the same fidelity as native applications. Expose APIs and web services are available for a wide range of data sets or services like weather, maps and locations. In this paper, we propose an easy and fast alternative of mobile application development, using existing resources as web services or exposed APIs. We present the design of a search-based mobile application prototype (AgileDBLP) using the exposed data set of DBLP Computer Science Bibliography. We consider that this application will be useful for scientists or common people.
KeywordsKeyword search Digital libraries Open data Mobile application Web APIs
The work has been funded by the Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007–2013 of the Ministry of European Funds through the Financial Agreement POSDRU/187/1.5/S/155536. The research was also supported by “KEYSTONE - semantic KEYword-based Search on sTructured data sOurcEs (Cost Action IC1302)”
We would like to thank the reviewers for their time and expertise, constructive comments and valuable insight.
- 1.Du, J., Jin, P., Zheng, L., Wan, S., Yue, L.: Dblp-filter: effectively search on the DBLP bibliography. In: Proceedings of the Companion Publication of the 23rd International Conference on World Wide Web Companion, WWW Companion 2014, pp. 255–256, Republic and Canton of Geneva, Switzerland (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.GooglePlay: QuickDBLP applicationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ley, M., Reuther, P.: Maintaining an online bibliographical database: the problem of data quality. In: Extraction et gestion des connaissances (EGC 2006), pp. 17–20, Lille, France (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Pop, F., Negru, C., Cristea, V., Bessis, N.: Inspector: integrated service platform for management of academic and research communities over the internet. In: 2013 19th International Conference on Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS), pp. 247–254, May 2013Google Scholar
- 7.Surdu, A.C., Pop, F.: Semantic approach for modeling profiles and interactions based on digital content. In: 2013 19th International Conference on Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS), pp. 232–239, May 2013Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License, which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.