Visualization of Uncertainty in Tag Clouds
Tag clouds provide an excellent means of visualization of weighted semantic information. With their generation depending on given or calculated weights, their use is not possible when these weights are not known with certainty. In this paper we propose an extension of tag clouds to support the notion of uncertainty and explore some properties of this new representation. Furthermore, we present a tool implementing it.
KeywordsTag cloud Uncertainty Visualization Transparency
- 1.d3-cloud. http://github.com/jasondavies/d3-cloud/
- 2.OpenCloud. http://opencloud.mcavallo.org/
- 3.Research: Wikipedia Readership Survey 2011/Results (2011). https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikipedia_Readership_Survey_2011/Results
- 4.WordCram. http://github.com/danbernier/WordCram/
- 5.Cason, K.: Kumo - Java Word Cloud. http://kennycason.com/posts/2014-07-03-kumo-wordcloud.html
- 6.Pande, M.: Word Cloud of open ended responses from Wikipedia’s readers survey. via Wikimedia CommonsGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ware, C.: Information Visualization, Perception for Design, 3rd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, Amsterdam (2012)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License, which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.