Visualization of Uncertainty in Tag Clouds
Tag clouds provide an excellent means of visualization of weighted semantic information. With their generation depending on given or calculated weights, their use is not possible when these weights are not known with certainty. In this paper we propose an extension of tag clouds to support the notion of uncertainty and explore some properties of this new representation. Furthermore, we present a tool implementing it.
KeywordsTag cloud Uncertainty Visualization Transparency
- 1.d3-cloud. http://github.com/jasondavies/d3-cloud/
- 2.OpenCloud. http://opencloud.mcavallo.org/
- 3.Research: Wikipedia Readership Survey 2011/Results (2011). https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikipedia_Readership_Survey_2011/Results
- 4.WordCram. http://github.com/danbernier/WordCram/
- 5.Cason, K.: Kumo - Java Word Cloud. http://kennycason.com/posts/2014-07-03-kumo-wordcloud.html
- 6.Pande, M.: Word Cloud of open ended responses from Wikipedia’s readers survey. via Wikimedia CommonsGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ware, C.: Information Visualization, Perception for Design, 3rd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, Amsterdam (2012)Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/), which permits any noncommercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license and indicate if changes were made.
The images or other third party material in this chapter are included in the chapter's Creative Commons license, unless indicated otherwise in a credit line to the material. If material is not included in the chapter's Creative Commons license and your intended use is not permitted by statutory regulation or exceeds the permitted use, you will need to obtain permission directly from the copyright holder.