A Web-Based Resource Management Platform for Transparent Computing
Transparent Computing can separate the computing from storage, and split the software stack from the underlying hardware platform in order to solve the problems in Internet, such as users service selection, hardware platform updating and protecting data. As an important part of Transparent Computing, resource management must manage and monitor all kinds of resources effectively in transparent computing system, including the traditional OSes, applications and files/data which are used by different client terminals. In this paper, a Web-based Resource Management Platform for Transparent Computing (WRMP-TC) is designed and realized to provide an unified managing mode and monitoring mode for the servers and clients in Transparent Computing System. Experience result shows that WRMP-TC is effective and stable.
KeywordsWRMP-TC Transparent computing Resource management State monitoring Transparent terminals
This research was supported by the International S&T Cooperation Program of China (ISTCP) under Grant no. 2013DFB10070 and the Strategic Emerging Industries I&A&R combined Innovation platform and capacity building program of Hunan under Grant no. 2012GK4106. The authors would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments.
- 1.Zhang, Y.: Transparence computing: concept, architecture and example. Actaelectronica Sin. 32(12A), 169–174 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, Y., Zhou, Y.-Z.: 4VP+: a novel meta OS approach for streaming programs in ubiquitous computing. In: 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications(AINA), 21–23 May 2007, Niagara Falls, Canada, pp. 394–403. AINA (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Y., Yangb, L.T., Kuang, Y.Z.W.: Information security underlying transparent computing: impacts, visions and challenges. Web Intell. Agent Syst. 8, 203–217 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Y., Zhou, Y.: Transparent Computing: Concepts, Architecture, and Implementation, 1st edn. Gengage Learning Asia Ltd., Singapore (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Guangbin, X., Yaoxue, Z., Yuezhi, Z., et al.: Design and implementation of a virtual machine-based transparent computing system. J. Tsinghua Univ. (Sci. & Tech.) 48(10), 1675–1678 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, W., Guangbin, X.: ENCBP-an extended multi-OSs remote-booting method. J. Comput. Res. Dev. 46(6), 905–912 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Gao, Y., Zhang, Y., Zhou, Y.: Performance analysis of virtual disk system for transparent computing. In: 2012 9th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing and 9th International Conference on Autonomicand Trusted Computing, pp. 470–477 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Gao, Y., Zhang, Y., Zhou, Y.: A remote resource management method for transparent computing. In: 2012 International Conference on Computer Science and Information Processing, pp. 1378–1381 (2012)Google Scholar