A Dynamic State Estimation of Power System Harmonics Using Distributed Related Kalman Filter
In order to improve the performance of measuring the harmonic state, a distributed related Kalman filter method for power system dynamic harmonic state estimation is presented. Firstly, the neighbor correlation coefficient is introduced into the distributed Kalman filtering. And then, a method for calculating the neighbor node fusion variables which suitable for power harmonic measurements is given based on the distributed related Kalman filter. Lastly, further distributed fusion processing among the neighbor nodes of estimated values is proposed. The algorithm is simulated on IEEE-14 bus power system. The results show that the proposed algorithm has less communication cost, better anti-disturbance performance, and more accurate estimation in comparison to the conventional Kalman filtering.
KeywordsHarmonic state estimation Distributed related kalman filter Correlation coefficient IEEE-14 bus power system Anti-disturbance
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51307041, 51304058 and 51177034). The authors would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their invaluable comments for improving this work.
- 1.Arrillaga, J., Watson, N.R.: Power System Harmonics, 2nd edn. China Power Press, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Dugui, W., Zheng, X.: Power system harmonic state estimation based on phasor measurements (I). Trans. China Electrotech. Soc. 19, 64–68 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Yu, K.K.C., Watson, N.R.: Three-phase harmonic state estimation using SVD for partially observable systems. In: 2004 International Conference on Power System Technology, POWERCON2004, pp. 29–34, Singapore (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Qun, W., Ning, W., Zhaoan, W.: An measuring approach of power harmonics based on artificial neural network. Autom. Electr. Power Syst. 22, 35–39 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Kennedy, K., Lightbody, G.: Power system harmonic analysis using the Kalman filter. In: IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, pp. 90–92. IEEE Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, Y.Z., Chen, S.: A wavelet based model for on-line tracking of power system harmonics using Kalman filtering. In: IEEE Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting, pp. 1237–1242. IEEE Press, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Shihou, Z., Shiying, H.: Study on dynamic harmonic state estimation technology based on Kalman filter. Chongqing University (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Olfati-Saber, R.: Distributed Kalman filtering for sensor networks. In: 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 5492–5498. IEEE Press, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 16.Olfati-Saber, R.: Distributed Kalman filter with embedded consensus filters. In: 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 8179–8184. IEEE Press, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 18.Xiyang, S.: Harmonic harm and elimination for power system. Electr. Technol. Intell. Build. 3, 63–66 (2009)Google Scholar