SAVI vCPE and Internet of Things
As cloud computing technologies continue to develop and evolve, cloud infrastructure has become heterogeneous and multi-tiered. A new demand in cloud computing is to provide cloud functionalities at the customer premise to support customer needs. This demand is addressed in this paper by providing virtual Customers Premise Edge (vCPE) as a third tier of the SAVI Testbed, which is a platform established for experimentation of future applications. A smart room monitoring use case is used to demonstrate the functionalities and efficiency of the vCPE in the SAVI Testbed.
KeywordsvCPE Internet of Things SDI Cloud computing Wireless sensor network
- 1.Kreps, J., Narkhede, N., Rao, J., et al.: Kafka: A distributed messaging system for log processing. In: Proceedings of the NetDB, pp. 1–7 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Lin, J., Ravichandiran, R., Bannazadeh, H., Leon-Garcia, A.: Monitoring and measurement in software-defined infrastructure. In: 2015 IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM), pp. 742–745. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Lin, T., Park, B., Bannazadeh, H., Leon-Garcia, A.: Savi testbed architecture and federation. In: 1st EAI International Conference on Future Access Enablers of Ubiquitous and Intelligent Infrastructures (Fabulous), September 2015Google Scholar
- 5.Spachos, P., Song, L., Hatzinakos, D.: Prototypes of opportunistic wireless sensor networks supporting indoor air quality monitoring. In: 2013 IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), pp. 851–852. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Yasrebi, P., Bembey, S., Bannazadeh, H., Leon-Garcia, A.: Virtual network function service chaining on SAVI SDI. In: 1st EAI International Conference on Future Access Enablers of Ubiquitous and Intelligent Infrastructures (Fabulous), September 2015Google Scholar