Risk Factor Classification GEMIO in the Planning Phase of Logistic Project Management
Logistic project management consists of a few phases, which may be generally defined as vision, planning, implementation, control, and project closure. In projects which involve logistic planning, logistic chain management, and physical distribution of goods, risk management issues are supposed to be included. Moreover they are often critical for the safety and security of the project implementation. Precise definition of risk factors is often difficult; however it is essential in the process of logistic project planning. Risk factors are individual for each logistic chain. They should be classified and their significance for the project should be assigned. Risk factors’ classification GEMIO is a tool, which can be used to define risks in logistic processes and to plan the necessary safety and security procedures.
KeywordsRisk management Risk factors GEMIO classification Project management Logistic planning
- 1.Smith D., Fischbacher M: The changing nature of risk and risk management: The challenge of borders, uncertainty and resilience. Risk Management (2009) 11.Google Scholar
- 2.Author’s own study.Google Scholar
- 3.Fischbacher-Smith D: Destructive landscapes – (Re)framing elements of risk? Risk Management (2011) 13.Google Scholar
- 4.Borghesi A., Gaudenzi B: Risk Management. http://link.springer.com/search?query=Risk+Identification++Basic+Stage+in+Risk+Management#page-1.
- 5.Książkiewicz D., Mierkiewicz D: Bezpieczeństwo we współczesnych łańcuchach logistycznych. (w:) “Współczesne problemy rozwoju transportu zrównoważonego”. Praca zbiorowa pod red. R. Rolbieckiego, Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego, Ekonomika Transportu i Logistyka, nr 43. Wydawnictwo UG, Gdańsk 2012.Google Scholar