An Open Cloud-Based Platform for Multi-device Educational Software Generation
Nowadays, information technologies play an important role in education. For instance, mobile applications can be used through tablets and smartphones in classrooms, but not limited to this place. Smartphones are some of the most used devices across the world, and represent one of the most cheapest and user-friendly electronic devices for activities such as education, personal administration, communication and leisure, to mention but a few. In this work, we present a cloud-based platform for multi-device educational software generation (smartphones, tablets, web, android-based TV boxes, and smart TV devices). It is noteworthy mention that an open cloud-based platform allows to teachers create their own multi-device software by using a personal computer with Internet access. The goal of this platform is to provide a software tool that allows to teachers upload their electronic contents and package them in the desired setup file for one of the supported devices and operating systems by using our cloud-based platform.
KeywordsEducation Multi-device software Cloud-based platform Software generation
This work was sponsored by the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT), the National Technology of Mexico (TecNM) and the Public Education Secretary (SEP) through PROMEP.
- 1.Dees, W., Shrubsole, P.: Web4CE: accessing web-based applications on consumer devices. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on World Wide Web, pp. 1303–1304. ACMGoogle Scholar
- 2.Caswell, T., Henson, S., Jensen, M., Wiley, D.: Open content and open educational resources: enabling universal education. Int. Rev. Res. Open Distrib. Learn. 9 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Salinas, J.: La integración de las TIC en las instituciones de educación superior como proyectos de innovación educativa. En soporte digital, España (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Neil, T.: Mobile Design Pattern Gallery: UI Patterns for Smartphone Apps. O’Reilly Media, Inc. (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Tidwell, J.: Designing interfaces. O’Reilly Media, Inc. (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Mishra, J., Dash, S.K., Dash, S.: Mobile-cloud: a Framework of Cloud Computing for Mobile Application. Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology, pp. 347–356. Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Shakil, K.A., Sethi, S., Alam, M.: An effective framework for managing university data using a cloud based environment. arXiv preprint arXiv:1501.07056 (2015)