S-Test: A Framework for Services Testing
The advance in Cloud services development has led to a paradigm shift in which different heterogeneous components and platforms can connect and collaborate to solve business problems. This advancement adds a new level of abstraction to the existing stack of technologies and development methodologies, but it adds also new challenges. One such a big challenge is testing. From the consumers prospective, a service is a black box that needs to be tested before being used, mainly to confirm service providers claims concerning the quality of their services. By calling a service, we delegate part of our business logic to an external provider to do it for us. Thus, we have no control over what could happen during the execution of that part of the system. To this end, many testing approaches and techniques have been proposed in the literature to address this issue. In this paper, we propose a framework to help integrate the different testing techniques. The main idea is that depending on the consumers context, one testing technique could be more helpful than another; therefore, providing a framework in which all the techniques could be integrated would help the consumers decide which one is more effective for their particular cases.
KeywordsCloud services Testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aspalliance.com GetGuid (2014). http://authors.aspalliance.com/nothingmn/guid.asmx?wsdl (retrieved 2014)
- 2.Eviware. soapui (2014). http://www.soapui.org/ (retrieved 2014)
- 3.WSDL4J (2014). http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsdl4j/ (retrieved 2014)
- 4.de Almeida, L., Vergilio, S.: Exploring perturbation based testing for web services. In: International Conference on Web Services, ICWS 2006, pp. 717–726, September 2006Google Scholar
- 7.Damiani, E., El Ioini, N., Sillitti, A., Succi, G.: Ws-certificate. In: 2009 World Conference on Services - I, pp. 637–644, July 2009Google Scholar
- 8.Martin, E.: Automated testing and response analysis of web services. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, ICWS 2007, pp. 647–654, July 2007Google Scholar
- 9.Noikajana, S., Suwannasart, T.: An improved test case generation method for web service testing from wsdl-s and ocl with pair-wise testing technique. In: 33rd Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Software and Applications, COMPSAC 2009, vol. 1, pp. 115–123, July 2009Google Scholar
- 10.Offutt, J., Xu, W.: Generating test cases for web services using data perturbation. SIGSOFT Softw. Eng. Notes 29(5), 1–10 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.TestGen4J (2014). http://sourceforge.net/projects/spike-test-gen (retrieved 2014)
- 12.Triangle. Areas And Volumes (2011). http://hooch.cis.gsu.edu/bgates/MathStuff/Mathservice.asmx?wsdl (retrieved 2011)
- 13.Xu, W., Offutt, J., Luo, J.: Testing web services by xml perturbation. In: 16th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, ISSRE 2005, p. 10, pp. 257–266, November 2005Google Scholar