Web Site Audience Segmentation Using Hybrid Alignment Techniques
We are working on behavioral marketing in the Internet. On one hand we observe the behavior of visitors, and on the other hand we trigger (in real-time) stimulations intended to alter this behavior. Real-time and mass-customization are the two challenges that we have to address. In this paper, we present a hybrid approach for clustering visitor sessions, based on a combination of global and local sequence alignments, such as Needleman-Wunsch and Smith-Waterman. Our goal is to define very simple approaches able to address about 80 % of visitor sessions to be segmented, and which can be easily turned into small pieces of program, to be run in parallel in thousands of web browsers.
KeywordsWeb mining Sequential pattern mining Clustering
- 3.Wang, W., Zaïane, O.R.: Clustering web sessions by sequence alignment. In: Proceedings of 13th International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 2002, pp. 394–398. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Chordia, B.S., Adhiya, K.P.: Grouping web access sequences using sequence alignment method. Indian J. Comput. Sci. Eng. (IJCSE) 2(3), 308–314 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Petitjean, F., Forestier, G., Webb, G., Nicholson, A., Chen, Y., Keogh, E.: Dynamic time warping averaging of time series allows faster and more accurate classification. In: IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Chan, A.: An analysis of pairwise sequence alignment algorithm complexities: needleman-wunsch, smith-waterman, fasta, blast and gapped blast (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Cooley, R., Mobasher, B., Srivastava, J.: Grouping web page references into transactions for mining world wide web browsing patterns. In: Proceedings of Knowledge and Data Engineering Exchange Workshop, 1997, pp. 2–9. IEEE (1997)Google Scholar