Polynomial Interrupt Timed Automata
- 234 Downloads
Interrupt Timed Automata (ITA) form a subclass of stopwatch automata where reachability and some variants of timed model checking are decidable even in presence of parameters. They are well suited to model and analyze real-time operating systems. Here we extend ITA with polynomial guards and updates, leading to the class of polynomial ITA (polITA). We prove that reachability is decidable in 2EXPTIME on polITA, using an adaptation of the cylindrical decomposition method for the first-order theory of reals. Compared to previous approaches, our procedure handles parameters and clocks in a unified way. We also obtain decidability for the model checking of a timed version of CTL and for reachability in several extensions of polITA.
KeywordsModel Check Hybrid Automaton Triangular System Reachability Problem Time Automaton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Basu, S., Pollack, R., Roy, M.F.: Algorithms in Real Algebraic Geometry. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Ben-Or, M., Kozen, D., Reif, J.: The complexity of elementary algebra and geometry. In: Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, STOC 1984, pp. 457–464. ACM (1984)Google Scholar
- 11.Bérard, B., Haddad, S., Picaronny, C., Safey El Din, M., Sassolas, M.: Polynomial interrupt timed automata. CoRR abs/1504.04541, April 2015Google Scholar
- 13.Collins, G.E.: Quantifier elimination for real closed fields by cylindrical algebraic decompostion. In: Brakhage, H. (ed.) Automata Theory and Formal Languages 2nd GI Conference, vol. 33, pp. 134–183. Springer, Heidelberg (1975)Google Scholar
- 14.Grossman, R.L., Ravn, A.P., Rischel, H., Nerode, A. (eds.): HS 1991 and HS 1992. LNCS, vol. 736. Springer, Heidelberg (1993) Google Scholar
- 18.Miller, D.J.: Constructing o-minimal structures with decidable theories using generic families of functions from quasianalytic classes. ArXiv e-prints 1008.2575, August 2010Google Scholar