Management of Arrhythmic Patients in the Emergency Department: General Principles
Arrhythmic patients are a common task in the duty of the emergency physician and the cardiology consultant. Both specialists, with their different approach and method, well know the clinical and statistical relevance of arrhythmias.
KeywordsAtrial Flutter Sinus Tachycardia Atrial Tachycardia Electrical Cardioversion Arrhythmic Patient
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Neumar RW, Otto CW, Link MS, Kronick SL, Shuster M, Callaway CW, Kudenchuk PJ, Ornato JP, McNally B, Silvers SM, Passman RS, White RD, Hess EP, Tang W, Davis D, Sinz E, Morrison LJ. Adult advanced cardiovascular life support: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation. 2010;122(18):S729–67.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 4.Gross JB, Farmington CT, Bailey PL, Rochester NY, Connis RT, Woodinville WA, Cote´ CJ, Chicago IL, Davis FG, Burlington MA, Epstein BS, Washington DC, Gilbertson L, Boston MA, Nickinovich DG, Bellevue WA, Zerwas JM, Houston TX, Zuccaro G, Cleveland OH. Practice guidelines for sedation and analgesia by non-Anesthesiologists: an updated report by The American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Sedation And Analgesia By Non-Anesthesiologists. Anesthesiology. 2002;96:1004–17Google Scholar
- 5.Tan G, Irwin MG. Recent advances in using propofol by non-anesthesiologists. F1000 Med Rep. 2010 Nov 11,2:79. doi: 10.3410/M2-79.
- 8.January CT, Wann LS, Alpert JS, Calkins H, Cigarroa JE, Cleveland Jr JC, Conti JB, Ellinor PT, Ezekowitz MD, Field ME, Murray KT, Sacco RL, Stevenson WG, Tchou PJ, Tracy CM, Yancy CW. 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;64:e1–76.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Oreto G, Luzza F, Satullo G, Donato A, Carbone V, Calabrò MP. Tachicardia a QRS larghi: un problema antico e nuovo. G Ital Cardiol. 2009;10:580–95.Google Scholar
- 13.Lewalter T, Lickfett L, Schwab JO, Yang A, Lüderitz B. The emergency management of cardiac arrhythmia. Dtsch Arztebl. 2007;104:1172–80.Google Scholar
- 16.Brignole M, Auricchio A, Baron-Esquivias G, Bordachar P, Boriani G, Breithardt OA, et al. 2013 ESC guidelines on cardiac pacing and cardiac resynchronization therapy: the Task Force on cardiac pacing and resynchronization therapy of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA). Eur Heart J. 2013;34:2281–329.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016