Using Concept Maps in Education of Immunological Computation and Computational Immunology
The paper presents development of the concept map and the concept map-based web portal for education in immunological computation and computational immunology. The concept map should help with learning of students who do not study medicine, pharmacy or similar study programs and support active learning on the basis of collaborative development of the concept map by students with the assistance of a teacher.
KeywordsConcept mapping Immunological computation Artificial immune system Computational immunology Immunology Topic maps
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Novak, J.D., Cañas, A.J.: The Theory Underlying Concept Maps and How to Construct Them. Technical Report IHMC CmapTools2006-01, rev. 2008-01. Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Pensacola. http://cmap.ihmc.us/publications/researchpapers/theorycmaps/theoryunderlyingconceptmaps.htm
- 4.Ausubel, D.P.: The psychology of meaningful verbal learning. California Medicine 99, 434 (1963)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, A., Saigal, R.: Visual understanding environment. In: Proc. of the 5th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, pp. 413–413. ACM New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Ontopia: Ontopia. http://www.ontopia.net/ (cit. February 15, 2015)
- 8.De Castro, L.N.: Fundamentals of Natural Computing: Basic Concepts, Algorithms, and Applications, 1st edn., p. 696. Chapman and Hall/CRC (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Dasgupta, D., Niño, L.F.: Immunological Computation: Theory and Applications, 1st edn., p. 277. CRC Press, Auerbach Publications (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.ISO: ISO 13250-2 Topic Maps – Data Model. http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/ (cit. February 20, 2015)
- 11.Garshol, L.M.: The Linear Topic Map Notation. Definition and introduction, ver. 1.3 (2006). http://www.ontopia.net/download/ltm.html (cit. February 4, 2015)
- 12.Hussain, H., Shamsuar, N.R.: Concept Map in Knowledge Sharing Model. The International Journal of Information and Education Technology 3(3), 387–400 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Christodoulou K.: Collaborative On-line Concept Mapping (project report). School of Computer Science – The University of Manchester, p. 31 (2010). https://studentnet.cs.manchester.ac.uk/resources/library/thesis_abstracts/BkgdReportsMSc10/Christodoulou-Klitos.pdf
- 15.Lobb, R., Pinto, A.D., Lofters, A.: Using concept mapping in the knowledge-to-action process to compare stakeholder opinions on barriers to use of cancer screening among South Asians. Implementation Science 2013 8(37), 12 (2013). http://www.implementationscience.com/content/8/1/37