Agent Based Quality Management in Lean Manufacturing
Quality Management (QM) issues are together with production costs and delivery time one of the three main pillars of Lean Manufacturing. Although, Quality Operations Management should be supported by IT Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), in practice it is very difficult to automate QM support on MES level because of its heterarchical and unpredictable nature. There is a lack of practical models that bind QM and MES. Authors try to fill this gap by proposed agent based MES architecture for QM support. This paper shows both concept of proposed architecture and its practical realisation on the example of automotive electronics device manufacturing.
KeywordsMulti agent systems (MAS) Manufacturing execution system (MES) Quality management(QM) Lean manufacturing Signalr library
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A Manufacturing Industry Vision 2025, European Commission (Joint Research Centre) Foresight study, Brussels (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Anvari, A., Ismail, Y., Hojjati, S.M.H.: A study on total quality management and lean manufacturing: through lean thinking approach. World Applied Sciences Journal 12(9), 1585–1596 (2011). IDOSI, DubaiGoogle Scholar
- 8.Valckenaers, P., Van Brussel, H., Hadeli, K., Bochmann, O., Saint Germain, B., Zamfirescu, C.: On the design of emergent systems: an investigation of integration and interoperability issues. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence 16(4), 377–393 (2003). Elsevier B.V, AmsterdamCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Diltis, D., Boyd, N., Whorms, H.: The evolution of control architectures for automated manufacturing systems. Journal of Manufacturing Systems 10(1), 63–79 (1991). Elsevier B.V, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 17.Microsoft. http://www.asp.net/signalr/
- 18.Cupek, R., Huczala, L.: OData for service-oriented business applications. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, IEEE Xplore on line digital library (2015)Google Scholar