Analysis and Real Implementation of a Cloud Infraestructure for Computing Laboratories Virtualization
In this work , a cloud infrastructure is analysed and deployed to virtualize computing laboratories. Virtualization of computing resources allows the user to face a single computing interface whose capabilities are really offered by a cloud system that makes use of its processing capability on demand. The use of this proposed infrastructure reduces the cost of equipment investments as well as maintenance of real laboratories and further, it makes a more efficient use of available resources with a transparent user experience.
KeywordsComputing virtualization Cloud computing OpenNebula Distributed and parallel processing
This work has been financially supported by the Educational Innovation Project (PID17 201416) of the University of Jaen.
- 1.Amazon web services: What is cloud computing? https://aws.amazon.com/what-is-cloud-computing/?nc1=f_cc (2015)
- 2.GEOTEK: The VNC family of remote control applications. http://ipinfo.info/html/vnc_remote_control.php (2015)
- 4.Llorente, I.M.: Publication of the opennebula cloud os architecture in IEEE computer, 9 Jan 2013. http://opennebula.org/publication-of-the-opennebula-cloud-os-architecture-in-ieee-computer (2015)
- 5.Mell, P., Grance, T.: The NIST definition of cloud computing (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Nieh, J., Yang, S., Novik, N.: A comparison of thin-client computing architectures 2000. In: Network Computing Laboratory, Columbia University (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.OpenNebula Project: Detailed features and functionality. http://archives.opennebula.org/documentation:features (2014)
- 8.Raspberry Pi Foundation: Documentation. http://www.raspberrypi.org (2014)
- 10.Sunstone: Documentation. http://docs.opennebula.org (2015)
- 11.Zhou, M.: Information and Communication Technology for Education (2 Volume Set), vol. 58. WIT Press (2014)Google Scholar