Intra Smart Grid Management Frameworks for Control and Energy Saving in Buildings
In the context of Smart Grids and Internet of Things (IoT) Systems, distributed monitoring and actuation through Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks (WSANs) is fundamental to control the energy usage in buildings. Moreover, the realization of algorithms for the optimization of the energy consumption is of paramount importance. This paper presents a loosely coupled integration between a flexible management framework for WSANs, namely the IGMF (Intra-Grid Management Framework), and a Dynamic Energy Scheduler with local control on sensors and actuators, namely the ITESS (IoTLAB Energy Scheduling System). The integrated system allows the users to manage whole buildings applying Dynamic Energy Schedulers for different environments.
KeywordsSmart grid Internet of things Wireless sensor and actuator networks Building management Energy scheduler
This work has been partially supported by E2SG project, funded by ENIAC Joint Undertaking under grant agreement n. 296131 and from the national program/funding authority of Italy.paraThis work was partially supported by the Catalan Government under grant 2014-SGR-1551.
- 2.Ceriotti, M., Mottola, L., Picco, G., Murphy, A., Guna, S., Corra, M., Pozzi, M., Zonta, D., Zanon, P.: Monitoring heritage buildings with wireless sensor networks: the Torre Aquila deployment. In: International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, IPSN 2009, pp. 277–288, April 2009Google Scholar
- 3.Guerrieri, A., Geretti, L., Fortino, G., Abramo, A.: A service-oriented gateway for remote monitoring of building sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE 18th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), pp. 139–143, September 2013Google Scholar
- 7.Lu, G., De, D., Song, W.: Smartgridlab: a laboratory-based smart grid testbed. In: IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications, pp. 143–148 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Avci, M., Erkoc, M., Asfour, S.: Residential HVAC load control strategy in real-time electricity pricing environment. In: 2012 IEEE Energytech, pp. 1–6, May 2012Google Scholar
- 13.Krafzig, D., Banke, K., Slama, D.: Enterprise SOA: service-oriented architecture best practices. Prentice Hall Professional, Upper Saddle River (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.An, S., Park, S., Oh, H., Yang, J., Park, H., Choi, J.: Lightweight web-based communication interface design for web of objects. In: 2013 15th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), pp. 535–539. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.Petrolo, R., Loscrì, V., Mitton, N.: Towards a smart city based on cloud of things. In: Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Workshop on Wireless and MobileTechnologies for Smart Cities, pp. 61–66. ACM (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Butler (2011). http://www.iot-butler.eu/download/publications