A Comparative Study of Speech Processing in Microphone Arrays with Multichannel Alignment and Zelinski Post-Filtering
In this paper we present the results of a comparative study of algorithms for speech signal processing in a microphone array. We compared the multichannel alignment method and two modifications of the well-known Zelinski post-filtering. Comparisons were performed using artificial and real signals recorded in real noisy environments. The experiments helped us to devise recommendations for choosing a suitable method of signal processing for different noise conditions.
KeywordsMicrophone array Zelinski Post-filtering Directivity pattern Speech processing
This work was financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, contract 14.575.21.0033 (RFMEFI57514X0033), and by the Government of the Russian Federation, Grant 074-U01.
- 1.Bitzer, J., Brandt, M.: Speech enhancement by adaptive noise cancellation: Problems, algorithms, and limits. In: Audio Engineering Society Conference: 39th International Conference: Audio Forensics: Practices and Challenges. Audio Engineering Society (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Karpov, A., Akarun, L., Yalçın, H., Ronzhin, A., Demiröz, B.E., Çoban, A., Železnỳ, M.: Audio-visual signal processing in a multimodal assisted living environment. In: Fifteenth Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association, pp. 1023–1027 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, W., Itou, K., Takeda, K., Itakura, F.: Subjective and objective quality assessment of regression-enhanced speech in real car environments. In: Ninth European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology, pp. 2093–2096 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Löllmann, H.W., Vary, P.: Post-filter design for superdirective beamformers with closely spaced microphones. In: 2007 IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics, pp. 291–294. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.McCowan, I.: Microphone Arrays: A Tutorial. Queensland University, Brisbane (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Simmer, K., Wasiljeff, A.: Adaptive microphone arrays for noise suppression in the frequency domain. In: Second Cost 229 Workshop on Adaptive Algorithms in Communications. pp. 185–194 (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Stolbov, M., Aleinik, S.: Speech enhancement with microphone array using frequency-domain alignment technique. In: Audio Engineering Society Conference: 54th International Conference: Audio Forensics. Audio Engineering Society (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Wolff, T., Buck, M.: A generalized view on microphone array postfilters. In: International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (2010)Google Scholar